Tuesday, January 24, 2017

...life is but a dream...

I had a dream that I was sleeping in my mother's bed. I woke up, looked out the window and saw the house speeding down the road. No brakes. I cried out and mom embraced me. I woke up and, relieved, saw my family all around me in the family room. They were discussing why I was still asleep. In desperate attempts to wake up, I sat myself up, to no avail. Rolled off the bench, to the floor, but kept sleeping. Rolled myself across the floor, but still I couldn't wake up! I moaned and groaned, fighting sleep. Then it happened. I opened my eyes, finally relieved, to find myself back in my mother's bed. Suddenly a cat poked his head through the window and said, "Cats can speak" and to my horror, discovered I was still asleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment